Call for Artists: Climate Justice Mural Project
Thurston Climate Action Team is seeking up to 4 artists to participate in the design process for the 2021 Climate Justice Mural Project. Each selected artist will attend 2 design workshops either in person or via Zoom.
During the first design workshop, selected artists will work with Lead Artist Carrie Ziegler and volunteers to capture ideas for the mural in visual form. During the second design workshop the artist team will meet as a group and share imagery and ideas they captured. Together, the artist team will co-design the mural, highlighting participants’ experiences and solutions for topics including climate change, COVID, and racial justice, resulting in a cohesive and collaborative design for the mural. The mural will include imagery that represents tangible actions needed to create the thriving future we envisioned during The Chrysalis Project.
Each selected artist who attends both workshops will receive a stipend of $175. The artist team is welcome, but not required, to contribute to painting the mural.
- Click HERE to access and fill out the short application.
- Click HERE for background information on the mural project.
- Application Deadline: June 7
- Artists notified of decision: By June 14
- Design Workshop 1: June 26, 9:30-noon with optional time to connect until 1PM
- Design Workshop 2: To be determined during the week of June 28
- Mural painting: Mid July-August, 2021