A Clean & Healthy Thurston County
Thurston Climate Action Team (TCAT) brings our community together to reduce climate disruption -- resulting in a healthy, just and prosperous future for all.
The Most Important Thing You Can Do for Climate Change This Year:
TCAT has been working with the Thurston Climate Mitigation Plan (TCMP) planning process for over a year now. We expect a completed plan to become available this Fall for the 4 jurisdictions: Tumwater, Lacey, Olympia and Thurston County to vote on. This plan is based upon science based goals and would make our community a leader in the state on taking needed and bold action on climate.
Scientists are telling us we are running out of time to turn this around. For the plan to pass we need you! We need you to show up virtually or in person at these city council votes, which you can commit to by signing our Critical Climate Action Pledge here
Review & Provide Feedback on the draft of the Thurston Climate Mitigation Plan!
- Online Open House: Visit anytime through Thursday, October 15th. The Open House includes a survey form to gather your feedback on the plan. The direct link is: www.ThurstonClimatePlan.com
- Meeting #1: Monday, October 5th, 4:00-5:30 pm.
- Register by clicking here to attend.
- This event will include a live presentation and panel discussion with members of the Steering Committee and Climate Advisory Workgroup who were involved with developing the plan, as well as an opportunity for questions from the public.
- Meeting #2: Wednesday, October 14th, 5:30-7:00 pm.
- Register to attend by clicking here.
- This event will include an overview presentation, as well as an opportunity for questions from the public.
- Email comments on the draft plan to . Or mail comments to 2424 Heritage Court SW, Suite A, Olympia WA 98502; ATTN: Lester Tobias | Comments must be received by 5:00 pm, Friday, October 16th.
Sign Our Petition
We also invite you to sign our petition to the Tumwater, Lacey, Olympia City Councils and the County Commissioners. We are letting them know we want that plan and we want it funded and implemented!
Thurston County Green Building Incentives: Stakeholder Survey
The primary target audiences for the Thurston County Green Building Incentives Survey are building industry professionals including architects, engineers, builders, contractors, product/equipment suppliers, realtors, etc. but the general public is welcome
to take the survey as well.
Olympia Master Builders, the Northwest EcoBuilding Guild and Thurston Climate Action Team are launching a green building incentives survey to gather opinions from stakeholders. Please take 15 minutes to respond to the survey. If you are willing to be contacted for a short follow-up interview (15-20 minutes) please include your name and contact information in your response. Click here to begin the Green Building Incentives Survey!
Climate Program Manager Open Position
Location: City of Olympia, Washington
Department: Public Works, City of Olympia
About the Position
The Climate Program Manager provides leadership directing and coordinating implementation of the Thurston Climate Mitigation Plan and energy and sustainability programs across all City departments and the community. Read full description and apply here!