Join a Climate Action Group!
- Advocacy: Advocate with public officials on the Thurston Climate Mitigation plan (TCMP) through the Carbon Free Thurston Campaign. For more information contact, Tom Crawford:
- Energy: Promote energy efficiency, green energy, decarbonizing the grid. Early actions: Encourage everyone to take the free PSE energy audit so you know what you need to do to your own home to decrease use of fossil fuels. Meet with organizations such as churches to promote solar projects on their buildings.
- Food and Agriculture: Work on eating habits that promote sustainability for the planet and yourself, food recovery and regenerative agriculture as a carbon sink. For more information contact, Lynn Fitz-Hugh:
- Buildings as Climate Action (Green Buildings & Cities): Advocate for green urban planning policies, green building incentives, and improved infrastructure for non-motorized transportation. For more information contact, Chris van Daalen:
- Transportation: To support and lead the community in fostering solutions to our climate emergency through transportation options, alternatives, and actions. Carrie Ziegle at
- Trees: Promote tree planting and forest protection, research current plan to protect mature trees, work with other local organizations, explore developing a “Plant for the Planet” type group for middle school students. For more information contact, Lisa Ceazan:
- YECO (Youth Education Community Outreach): A youth-led advocacy group focus on climate literacy in K-12 schools, after school youth initiatives, higher education, and community outreach. For more information contact. Samara Almonte at