Since 2008, Thurston Climate Action Team (TCAT) has been bringing our community together to reduce climate disruption, resulting in a healthy, just and prosperous future for all. Since that time, through advocacy with elected officials, working with local governments to create a climate action plan, and various forms of public engagement, TCAT has become the foremost grass roots climate action group in Thurston County. We are looking to expand our organization and increase funding to support our expansion. We are seeking contracted assistance to develop a fundraising plan. Additional contracted assistance may be required to execute that plan. Funds raised will help us develop organizational infrastructure, and support and expand various advocacy, public engagement and community education efforts we have created.
What’s the Opportunity?
The selected firm will work in partnership with the TCAT Board and program staff to develop a set of strategies and a plan for fundraising campaigns and events. This will not include grant proposal writing or management.
Scope of Work
- Review TCAT’s previous and existing fund development plans, materials and resources.
- In consultation with board and staff, develop a one-year TCAT fundraising target, along with strategies and a plan for achieving that target. The plan should include tasks, schedule, and accountability assignments.
- Working with members of the board, implement initial elements of the plan.
Proposal evaluation criteria
Proposals will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Fundraising experience with non-profits and environmental groups.
- Knowledge of climate change.
- Knowledge of successful fundraising strategies and tools.
- Demonstrated success in generating contributions from individual donors and local businesses.
- Demonstrated writing, editing and proofreading skills.
How to Apply
Submit a Proposal which includes the following:
- Summary of the firm’s experience in fundraising planning and implementation, especially for non-profit organizations.
- A resume for the individual proposed to do the work.
- Proposed hourly rate. (We anticipate this contract will have a not to exceed amount of $21,000.)
- Proposed approach to this project.
- A writing sample, from a recent successful fundraising plan.
- Three references, including name, contact information, and your working relationship with the reference.