Volunteer with Thurston Climate Action Team!
Below are some ways you can volunteer your time and gifts with TCAT:
- Chief Proofreader: Are you one of those people who loves to find dangling prepositions, and to dot every I and cross every T? We could use one or two proofreaders for our newsletter and for other documents we produce. Time – 2 hours either once or twice a month.
- Researcher: Would you love to research what other cities are doing in their climate policy? We have got specifics if you have time. You decide how many hours a month, and we will tailor a project to your hours.
- City lobbyist: Would you enjoy writing and giving a three-minute testimony on various parts of our climate plan before city councils? Time – 1 hour a month.
- Government monitor: Are you willing to monitor (or better yet, serve on) various city and county advisory boards to help us nip various problems before they happen or encourage climate friendly solutions. Time – 1 to 4 hours a month.
- Board Member: TCAT is looking for board members. Time – 2 to 4 hours a month.
- Artists in Action: Join Carrie Ziegler in a newly forming Action group called Art in Action. This group will figure out how to use art to move action as happened in the Chrysalis Project and the Climate Justice Mural. Time – 2 to 4 hours a month.
- Food and Agriculture enthusiasts: Do you believe that regenerative agriculture is a major part of the solution to climate? Join this newly forming action group, and let’s see how to make it happen. Time – 2 to 4 hours a month.
- Tree Hugger? Help push through tree protections for your city and create planting opportunities. Time – 2 to 4 hours a month.
- Facilitator: Do you love to get the meeting set up and move the group through the agenda? Our Buildings action group could use some help with that. Time – 2 to 4 hours a week.
- Urban Planner: (not professionally – just in your interests) Are you interested in the intersection between energy efficient homes and affordable homes? Help us try to think about how to do this in a climate justice way. Time – 90 mins a week.
- Program development: Do you have the skills and experience to help develop a service project? TCAT is looking at potentially kicking off an EV group purchase program. We need help with developing the structure of that. Time – 90 mins a week.
- PR and Advertising: Are you good at getting a message out to the public. One campaign we can use help on is promoting the purchasing of electric vehicles. Time – 4 to 5 hours a month.