Volunteer with Thurston Climate Action Team!
Below are some ways you can volunteer your time and gifts with TCAT:
- Researcher: Would you love to research what other cities are doing in their climate policy? We have got specifics if you have time. You decide how many hours a month, and we will tailor a project to your hours.
- Fundraiser: Coordinate and organize fundraising activities for TCAT. Time commitment is flexible.
- City lobbyist: Would you enjoy writing and giving a three-minute testimony on various parts of our climate plan before city councils? Time – 1 hour a month.
- Government monitor: Are you willing to monitor (or better yet, serve on) various city and county advisory boards to help us nip various problems before they happen or encourage climate friendly solutions. Time – 1 to 4 hours a month.
- Board Member: TCAT is looking for board members. Time – 2 to 4 hours a month.
- Food and Agriculture enthusiasts: Do you believe that regenerative agriculture is a major part of the solution to climate? Join this newly forming action group, and let’s see how to make it happen. Time – 2 to 4 hours a month.
- Tree Hugger? Help push through tree protections for your city and create planting opportunities. Time – 2 to 4 hours a month.
- Facilitator: Do you love to get the meeting set up and move the group through the agenda? Our Buildings action group could use some help with that. Time – 2 to 4 hours a week.
- PR and Advertising: Are you good at getting a message out to the public. One campaign we can use help on is promoting the purchasing of electric vehicles. Time – 4 to 5 hours a month.