July 15, 2019
Since 2008, Thurston Climate Action Team (TCAT) has been bringing our community together to reduce climate disruption, resulting in a healthy, just and prosperous future for all.. We are looking to expand our organization and increase funding to support our expansion. We are seeking a freelance grant writer to help us develop a grant writing plan and write grants that develop organizational infrastructure, support the Thurston Climate Mitigation Plan, and conduct public forums and our annual convention to engage the public in climate action.
What’s the Opportunity?
The Grant Writer works in partnership with the TCAT Board Chair, program staff, and the TCAT board to conceptualize, write, and produce grant proposals to foundations, government agencies and other funding sources.
- Work with the TCAT Board Chair to research, identify, and qualify funding opportunities from foundations, corporations, and government sources.
- Develop a one year to two year grant writing plan.
- Write, edit and proofread grant proposals according to format required, and submit proposal to funding agency or foundation based on deadline.
- Work with TCAT board and staff to obtain proposal content specific to TCAT’s organization (for example, organizational structure, financial information, administrative systems). Collaborate with TCAT representatives to craft project goals, objectives, outcomes, approaches.
- May participate in face-to-face or conference call meetings with funders.
- Displaying adherence to organization’s mission.
- Maintain records in hard copies and computer databases.
- Complete three or four proposals submitted to funding sources
What Are We Looking For?
Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge and demonstrated experience in:
- Grant writing experience with non-profits and environmental grants.
- Knowledge of, and experience writing about, climate action.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Demonstrated success in securing funding.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- All applicants must submit writing samples along with their resume.
What Can You Expect?
This a part-time contract position, with flexible hours. All work is conducted at your home office. TCAT’s 2019 Budget for grant writing will support 75-100 hours of work, depending on the successful candidate’s billing rate. It is expected that work will be completed by the end of 2019 calendar year.
How Do I Apply?
Please send cover letter, resume and hourly billing rate to:
Tom Crawford, email@example.com
The position is open until filled. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit applications immediately.