Thurston Climate Action Team (TCAT) is a local non-profit dedicated to bringing our community together to reduce climate disruption — resulting in a healthy, just and prosperous future for all.
- Minimize and mitigate the impact of climate change on Thurston County communities.
- Minimize the increasing costs of energy, transportation and consumer goods for Thurston County residents.
- Educate Thurston County residents on how to reduce their carbon footprint.
- Energy efficiency and distributed generation
- Completing a community greenhouse gas inventory and climate action plan for Thurston County
TCAT Values & Operating Principles
- Provide direction and leadership.
- Take strategic action to leverage resources for the greatest possible improvements in our carbon footprint in a short time frame.
- Build broad community participation from multiple sectors.
- Build on, encourage, and leverage efforts of others.