What if crime prevention could be built into cities? As cities begin to explore this question, the results have not been favorable for Black and brown residents. Learn about how urban design meant to prevent crime instead reinforces systemic inequalities and racism, and how Tacoma is planning to avoid this. Register here!
- Nick Bayard, Assistant Chief Equity Officer for the City of Tacoma’s Office of Equity and Human Rights
- Lauren Flemister, Community Planning Manager for the City of Seattle
- Krystal Monteros, Vice Chair of the Commission on Disabilities
- Tanisha Jumper, City of Tacoma (Moderator)
- Listen to a recording of the forum and hear the after show on Channel 253‘s Crossing Division podcast.
- Hosted by Evelyn Lopez
Click ICAL to add this event to your own calendar.