May There Be Gardens
Join the TCAT Team at the May There Be Gardens event put on by GRuB!
May There Be Gardens is GRuB’s annual garden build-a-thon event to culminate our spring garden building season. Our goal is to build backyard gardens at no cost for individuals and families with low incomes, with the help of community volunteers. Families receive raised-bed gardens, soil, seeds, and plant starts to make a successful food-producing, hunger-reducing, community-building garden for the season. Gardening is meaningful, impactful work that can provide a sense of hope, increased wellness and fresh food for garden recipients. For volunteers, being a builder can offer a sense of purpose and community. This year, May There Be Gardens engages teams drawn from community businesses, organizations, donors, friends, and families to sponsor and build 10 backyard gardens.
What Does a Build team do?
- Organize a Team of 6-8 people including a Captain
- Fundraise $1,000 (or more!) for the cost of a garden (use our handy social fundraising platform if you like)
- Build a backyard garden with your Team and the help of GRuB staff and volunteers
- Celebrate together at the GRuB Farm after the garden builds!
- May There Be Gardens makes garden building a public event by recognizing and celebrating the elements that go into creating a sustainable and secure community food system
We hope you can join us May 6, 2023! Interested in creating a Building Team? Please contact Beth at 360-753-5522 or
Click ICAL to add this event to your own calendar.