Watch national video-conference at 10:00 am. Speaker: Andrés Jimenez, Executive Director of Green2.0, an organization dedicated to increasing the diversity of voices being heard at the table. Join Olympia Chapter via Zoom at 10:45.
People of color are likely to be the most impacted by environmental and climate degradation. And yet, they are typically the most underrepresented in environmental organizations and the national conversation about cleaning up our environment.
Our guest this month is Andrés Jimenez, Executive Director of Green2.0, an organization dedicated to increasing the diversity of voices being heard at the table when it comes to environmental justice. Before joining Green2.0, Andres was Senior Director of Government Affairs for Citizens’ Climate Lobby. Before that, he was Associate Director of Government Relations at Ocean Conservancy. He has also worked on the Hill in the offices of Rep. Linda Sanchez and Rep. Howard Berman.
To connect to the national video conference, go to: https://cclusa.org/meeting (this links to Zoom ID# 506546267)
- Having a problem with video conferencing? Call 888-799-9666 for 24/7 support.
- To connect by phone: If you have unlimited calling, call 1-646-558-8656; otherwise you can call toll-free at 1-877-369-0926. Enter 506-546-267 as the meeting ID
- To watch a livestream go to: cclusa.org/livestream
Join Olympia Chapter Zoom Meeting at 10:45:
Citizens’ Climate Lobby is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, grassroots advocacy organization, laser focused on a specific piece of legislation and a proven strategy to gain its passage. We are working for the passage of the Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act, the climate change solution economists and climate scientists alike say is the “best first-step” to preventing the worst impacts of a warming world.
The Olympia Chapter meets the 2nd Saturday of each month. At each meeting, we listen to a national video-conference on our own, and then meet via zoom to discuss the teleconference, the activities of our Action Teams, and news from local climate action groups.
- Member of Congress Liaison, Contact: Regan Heineke,
- Media, Contact: Ed Ericsson, . Barb Scavezze is currently maintaining our Facebook page – send Barb your CCL event announcements, letters to the editor, op-eds and endorsements from local leaders to post at
- Outreach, Contact: Charlie Stephens, .
- Endorsements, Contact: Stuart Chisholm,
- Membership, Contact: Barb Scavezze, (newsletter editor) and Sam Merrill Merrill,
Click ICAL to add this event to your own calendar.